Proper care of hens is essential to maintain optimal health and production. However, most of the nutrients hens need can be obtained from a balanced diet.
Here are some vitamins and supplements needed by hens:
- Calcium: Calcium is essential for the formation of eggs with strong shells.
- Vitamin D: Sun exposure is a natural source of vitamin D for poultry.
- Vitamin A: Found in foods such as carrots, pumpkins and leafy greens.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects cells from oxidative damage.
- Vitamin B-complex: This group of vitamins is essential for proper metabolism and nerve health.
- Probiotics: Probiotics can help maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in the digestive system of hens.
- Minerals: In addition to calcium, other mineral salts, such as phosphorus, potassium and magnesium, are important for bone health and overall body function in hens.